Guru Nanak was a brilliant child. He learnt languages like Sanskrit, Arbi and Farsi very quickly. He understood everything immediately, and had a sharp grasp of things.
However, Guru Nanak liked to be alone even as a child. He had no interest either in his house or in his father’s work. Therefore his father sent him to take the animals for grazing. He became a herds man.
Guru Nanak liked the company of Sadhus and saints very much. He was married at the age of 29. His wife bore him two sons, Shri Chand and Lakshmi Das.
Guru Nanak was very sad at the evils that had crept into Hinduism. So he started the Sikh religion. He was against idol worship and the mere chanting of mantras. He created the holy book of the Sikhs, ‘Guru Granth Sahib’. It has the teachings of Mira, Raidas, Tulsi, Kabir etc. in it.
Sikh religion considers everyone as equals and has no caste system. Today it has a following of millions. The Sikhs are a very fierce and proud race. Guru Ji died at the age of 70 in the year 1539.
- Dear Guru Nanak: English Poetry
- Sikhism Facebook Covers, Gurpurab FB Photos
- Gurpurab Greetings: Sikh Gurus E-Cards
- Guru Nanak Dev Ji Biography
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Date
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Greetings
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Gift Ideas
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Information
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Quotes
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Recipes
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Significance & Importance
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Celebrations
- Legends Of Guru Nanak Jayanti
- Love Never Dies: Guru Nanak Devotional Poetry
- Why is Guru Nanak so important to Sikhs?
- Searching: Guru Nanak Dev Ji Poetry
- गुरु नानक देव जी के अनमोल विचार
- Guru Nanak Dev Essay
- गुरु नानक देव जी पर निबंध
- Indian Sikh pilgrims arrive in Pakistan to celebrate Guru Nanak Dev jayanti