Question: What has Babur described in Tuzuk-i Baburi?
Answer: In Tuzuk-i Baburi, Babur has described the physical features climate, animals, birds, flowers, fruits and the life of the people and the the places he visited. He has also written about his own life in detail.
Question: list three problems that Humayun faced when he ascended the throne.
Answer: Three problems faced by Humayun were:
- First the kingdom was still without a proper system of administration.
- Second Humayun’s brothers were dissatisfied with the territories that they had been given.
- Third, the kingdom was under threat from all sides.
Question: ‘Jahangir continued with Akbar’s policy of tolerance’. justify the statement.
Answer: Jahangir provided stability to the Mughal Empire. He continued with the secular policies of Akbar. Life Akbar, Jahangir was a people’s ruler . He cared for his subjects and looked after their well-being. Sources tell us he installed a chain of justice outside his palace. Whoever had complaint against any public official could ring the bill and speak directly to the empire.
Question: How did Sher Shah encourage trade?
Answer: Sher Shah encouraged trade in following ways:
- He build a network of roads called Sadak-i Azam or Grand Trunk Road. He planted trees on both the sides of the road.
- He introduced new coins called the rupiya.
- He also reduced custom duties.
Question: Write two steps taken by Akbar to gain the loyalty of Rajputs.
Answer: The two steps are:
- He maintained friendly and family relations with Rajput. He also strengthened his relationship by matrimonial alliances.
- He knew that the support of Rajputs was necessary to consolidate his empire. So he married the daughter of Bahara Mal the ruler of Amber. He also treated his relatives with respect and gave the Rajput princes high position.