Event Date: 30 March – 02 April, 2020
Location: Bologna Fiere, Viale della Fiera, 20, 40128 Bologna BO, Italy
Organizer: BolognaFiere S.p.A., Viale della Fiera, 20 40127 Bologna BO, Italy
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone: +39 051 282111, +39 051 6374004
Timings: 9.00 AM – 6.30 PM
Book publishing and multimedia products for children and young adults
Bologna Children’s Book Fair 2020: Event Profile
The Bologna Children’s Book Fair is the world’s leading professional event dedicated to the children’s publishing industry attracting over 1,400 exhibitors and around 30,000 visitors from around 80 countries.
The Bologna Children’s Book Fair is an industry leading event that has succeeded in bringing together a unique and diverse global audience thanks to over 50 years experience. The result is the world’s premium copyright exchange hub when it comes to publishing which also extends to current multimedia and licensing businesses for children’s stories, illustration, animation and related areas.
Publishers, illustrators, graphic designers, literary agents, authors, translators, mobile developers, licensors and licensees, packagers, printers, distributors, audio-book professionals, booksellers, brands, librarians and teachers all flock to the event each spring to experience the world of books and multimedia products in thousands of booths across six huge halls.
The world famous Illustrators Exhibition and industry recognized Bologna Ragazzi awards are some of key pillars that make this event so special: BCBF is a unique mix of a cultural book show and an international rights business forum for all types of content for children.
The Guest of Honour Country for the 57th edition is the Emirate of Sharjah bringing new exhibitions and events to the busy program of BCBF 2020.
The Bologna Children’s Book Fair is the event in the publishing year’s calendar, built around children’s content today. This event showcases a chance to discover the latest market trends in the book industry, to meet the most important illustrators, fairy tale authors in the Book industry. There are Publishers, illustrators, graphic designers, literary agents, authors, translators, developers, licencors and licensees, packagers, printers, distributors, audio-book professionals, booksellers, brands, librarians and teachers contributing in one way or the other. The Children’s Book Fair in Bologna is a meeting point for the sector’s top professionals involved in creating and publishing children’s books. The fair itself is a marketplace for trading rights for publishing and translations.
Bologna Children’s Book Fair 2020: Exhibitors profile:
- Illustrated book (activity books, board books, novelty books, painting and coloring books, picture books, pop-up books)
- Children and youth literature (fairy tales, fiction, novels, poetry)
- Educational (dictionaries, education, geography, history, language courses, music, psychology, religion, science, teaching, technical studies, textbooks)
- Non-Fiction (art, biographies, cinema and TV tie-ins, encyclopedias, non-fiction, reference books)
- Sport and Hobbies (cooking, entertainment, hobbies, how-to-books, leisure, nature and environment, pets, sport)
- Miscellaneous (almanacs, calendars, comics, decal/transfers, games, gift books, periodicals, picture cards, posters)
- Digital and Multimedia (apps, audio-books, audiovisual products, devices, digital platforms, e-book, educational software, games, hardware, multimedia, services, websites)
- Other Operators