Question: Who were the Banjaros? Name any two states where they were found.
Answer: The Banjaras were nomads who used to move from one region to another in search of good pasturel and. They were found in
- Uttar Pradesh
Question: Name the Act which was passed by the British government to limit the movement of the nomadic people. Mention any two features of the Act.
Answer: The Criminal Tribes Act
- By this Act, many communities of craftsmen, traders and pastoralists were classified as Criminal Tribes.
- Under this Act, various restrictions were put on their movement.
Question: Name a pastoral community of Rajasthan.
Answer: The Raikas
Question: ‘Under the Colonial rule, the life of the pastoralists changed dramatically. Explain with two examples.
- Their grazing grounds shrank because their movements were regulated
- By the Criminal Tribes Act many communities were classified as the Criminal Tribes
Question: Name any two nomadic communities of Africa.
Question: What are the major activities of the nomadic communities of Africa?
- They raise cattle, camels, goats, sheep and donkeys
- They sell milk, meat, animal skin and wool
Question: Name a pastoral community of Kenya.
Question: “Large areas of grazing land were turned into game reserves.” Mention its two impacts on pastoral communities.
- Pastoralists were not allowed to enter these reserves
- The loss of the finest grazing lands and water resources created pressure on the small area of land that the Maasai were confined within
Question: The “Maasai society was divided into two social categories”. Name two categories.
Answer: The Elders and Warriors
Question: Where do the Pastoralists normally live?
Answer: The Pastorals normally live in the mountainous areas. These mountain areas are e generally covered with lots of shrub forests. These shrubs provide food for their cattle and sheep.