Question: Answer the following questions.
- If someone doesn’t wear a uniform to school, what do you think the teacher will say?
- When everyone wants a clear sky, what does the rebel want most?
- If the rebel has a dog for a pet, what i everyone else likely to have?
- Why is it good to have rebels?
- Why is it not good to be a rebel oneself?
- Would you like to be a rebel? If yes, why? If not why not?
The Rebel Poem – Answer:
- The teacher would scold the student who would not be dressed in the school uniform while coming to the School.
- When everyone wants a clear sky, the rebel wants the Sun.
- If a rebel has a dog for a pet, the others are most likely to be cat lovers.
- It is good to have rebels because they are different and they teach us to be able to accept and tolerate differences.
- It is not good to be a rebel oneself because the Society never accepts a rebel and always critiques his behaviour.
- I would like to be a rebel because a rebel is able to think individually rather than following the herd mentality.
However, it is not easy to be a rebel as the rebels are always critiqued by the Society for their different behaviour.
Question: Find in the poem an antonym (a word opposite in meaning) for each of the following words.
- long …………….
- grow ……………
- quietness ………….
- Sober ………………….
- lost …………………
The Rebel Poem – Answer:
- long – Short
- grow – cut
- quietness – disturbance
- sober – fantastic
- lost – find
Question: Find in the poem lines that match the following. Read both one after the other.
- The rebel refuses to cut his hair.
- He says cats are better.
- He recommends dogs.
- He is unhappy because there is no Sun.
- He is noisy on purpose.
- The rebel lets his hair grow long.
- He puts in a good word for dogs.
- He has a preference for cats.
- When everybody is greeting the rain
- When nobody talks during the lesson.
Question: What does the rebel do when everybody talks during the lessons?
Answer: When everybody talks during the lessons, the rebel becomes absolutely silent.
Question: Why does the rebel choose to Wear fantastic Clothes?
Answer: When the rebel sees everybody dressed in uniform, the rebel chooses to wear fantastic clothes.
The Rebel Poem – Question: Are the rebels rain lovers?
Answer: The rebels become rain lovers when they realize that the others are enjoying the sun.
Question: Why do rebels always contradict the others?
Answer:The rebels always contradict others because they wish to stand out be different and stand out from the rest of the crowd. They wish to retain their voice and preferences as well as opinions rather than blindly following the crowd.
Question: Why does the society disapprove of the rebels?
Answer: The rebels do not conform to the standard decisions and choices made by the society at large. They have their own opinions, unique thinking, are different and at times even go to the extent to contradicting others merely to highlight themselves as unique.
Directions – 1 (Q. Nos. 1-6) Read the extract given below and answer the following questions.
When everybody talks during the lesson,
The rebel doesn’t say a word.
When nobody talks during the lesson,
The rebel creates a disturbance.
Question: With reference to the above extract, do you think it is good to be a rebel?
Answer: No, to go against the flow just to show that you are different or to prove your superiority is Wrong. Unnecessarily breaking the rule unless there is some noble cause is not acceptable.
Question: Can there be a good reason behind staying silent when everybody is talking?
Answer: Yes, sometimes people keep on arguing unnecessarily out of their ignorance of the entire and actual situation. In Such situations, a wise man would stay silent.
Question: Can there be a good reason behind speaking when everybody else is silent?
Answer: Yes, sometimes people do not dare to raise Voice against the wrong happening. But a rebel cannot tolerate unfair things and raises voice against it. If nobody dares to speak, the once who do wrong are encouraged to do so ever again.
Question: What do you think, the rebel doesn’t like?
- Opposing the authority.
- Going with the flow.
- Taking lessons in a classroom.
- Taking advice of an illiterate person.
The Rebel Poem – Answer:
- 2. Going with the flow.
Question: What must be the main motto of a rebel, in your opinion?
- Teaching the Society to be dutiful.
- Obeying the rules.
- Bringing disharmony.
- Bringing about the change.
- 4. Bringing about the change.
Question: What does a rebel do when nobody talks during the class?
- Creates a disturbance.
- Spoils the atmosphere.
- Teaches the teacher.
- Runs away.
- 1. Creates a disturbance.
Directions – 2 (Q. Nos. 1-6) Read the extract given below and answer the following questions.
“When everybody says, Yes please,
The rebel says, No thank you.
When everybody says, No thank you,
The rebel says, Yes please.
It is very good that we have rebels.
You may not find it very good to be one.
Question: What decides the choices made by the rebel?
Answer: The society’s opinion can never be a rebel’s Choice. The rebel’s choices are based on what the Society would not accept or agree to.
Question: Why does the poet say it is not good to be a rebel oneself?
Answer: The poet says that it is not good to be a rebel oneself because one would not be accepted by the society.
Question: Use the word “rebel” in a sentence of your own.
Answer: Jimmy always disagrees to what others say. He is a rebel.
Question: Who do you think is the character of rebel based on?
- A political activist
- The poet
- The school teacher
- A young child
- 4. A young child
Question: What does the rebel do?
- Defy others
- Disobey others
- Trust, others
- Love others
- 1. Defy others
Question: Who does not like the rebels?
- The poet
- The political activists
- The Society
- The rebels
- 3. The Society
Question: Why does the rebel demand for the rain when everybody is praising the sun?
- He is craving for rain.
- He hates the Sun.
- He is not happy with what everybody likes.
- None of the above
- 3. He is not happy with what everybody likes.