Question: What are the objectives of UN?
Answer: The objectives of the UN:
- To maintain international peace and security.
- To develop friendly relations among nation on the basis of equality.
- To achieve international cooperation in solving economic, social, cultural and humanitarian problems.
- To promote human rights and fundamental freedom for the people of the world.
- To act as a common platform for harmonizing the activities of various nations for the attain of the objectives of the UN.
- To save succeeding generations from war.
Question: What is the main role of the UN Security Council?
Answer: The main role of the UN Security Council is maintain international peace and security. If there is an conflict in the world the Security Council tries to stop it, has peace talks and at times sends it peacekeeping forces.
Question: What is the role of the Economic and Social Council?
Answer: The role of Economic and Social Council is to handle problems related to economy and society such as poverty, illiteracy, famine, etc. It also helps the General Assembly promote economic growth and social progress across the world.
Question: What is the work of the UN Secretariat?
Answer: The work of the UN Secretariat is to handle all the administrative work. It maintains records and files and provides materials needed by UN bodies for their meetings.
Question: What does UNESCO stand for?
Answer: UNESCO stands for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.