Question: What are deficiency diseases? Discuss any 6 deficiency diseases their cause and the food that can be eaten to overcome them.
Answer: Deficiency diseases are those diseases that happen because of deficiency of any one component of food in the diet. These are also called non-communicable diseases.
Question: Describe any two communicable diseases?
Answer: Two communicable diseases are:
- This diseases can spread through germs.
- When the infected person coughs or sneezes the germs can enter the air and make other sick.
- This diseases can also spread by sharing personal items like handkerchief, towels, clothes etc with the infected person.
(b) Symptoms:- High level and red spots on the body.
(c) Prevention and cure:-
- Avoiding direct contact with the infected person.
- We should not share personal items of the infected person.
- The diseases can be cured by medicines and taking proper care of the infected person.
- This diseases can spread through mosquito bite.
(b) Symptoms: High fever, constant shivering and vomiting.
(c) Prevention and cure:
- We should not allow water to stagnate anywhere in our house e.g. – water in the water coolers as stagnate water will allow mosquito breading.
- This can be cured by medicines.