Question: describe the climate of the zone?
Answer: The climate of the frigid zone is:
- The frigid is cold throughout the year.
- In winters the temperature may drop down to – 40°C.
- There is continuous darkness for 6 months in winters.
- In summers the temperature hardly reaches 3° to 12°C.
- There is continuous daylight for 6 months in summers.
- Rainfall may range from 15 to 30 cm in a year.
Question: What is the latitudinal extent of the frigid zone?
Answer:The latitudinal extent of the frigid zone is:
Question: Why is it impossible to grow crops here?
Answer: It is impossible to grow crops here because the soil is frozen almost throughout the year.
Question: Name of the animals that are found here?
Answer: Reindeer, caribou, polar bear, fox, hare, ermine, muskox, fish, seals, walruses are some of the animals found here.
Question: How do Arctic animals survive the extreme cold of the Arctic regions?
Answer: They survive the extreme cold of the Arctic regions because the thick white fur changes to greyish brown in colour that camouflages them at various times of the year.