Question: List the different grasslands founds in different zone and mention their location?
- The Prairies in North America
- The Steppes in Russia
- The Pampas in South America
- The veld in South America
- The Downs in Australia
Question: Explain the climate of the temperate grasslands?
Answer: The climate of the temperate grasslands are:
- The grasslands of the northern and the southern hemisphere experience different climates.
- The northern grasslands have a continents and are very hot is summers and very old in winters.
- The southern grasslands have a moderate climate because they are found near the coasts of the continents and the climate is pleasant throughout the year.
Question: Describe the plant life found in this temperate zone?
Answer: The plants life found in the temperate zone:
- The grassland are covered with grasses and some trees are found here which are grown by farmers only.
- Grasses are tall in Prairies rainfall is more while short in steppes because of influencing climate.
- In spring the grasses are green in summer they are brown, in autumn they are dry and in winter they die.
- Alfalfa is the most common grass here. It grows very quickly.
Question: What are the different types of human activities carried out in the temperate zone?
Answer: The human activities carried out are:
- Nomadic herding
- Extensive forming
- Livestock ranches
Question: What are gauchos? What do they do?
Answer: The cowboys in South America Who are skilled horsemen are called gauchos. They round up cattles on enormous farms called estancias.