The CBSE has decided to provide migration certificates to Class X and XII students on DigiLocker from this year.
The hard copy of the certificates will be issued only to the students who will make a request to the board. As soon as the results are declared, the soft copy of the certificate will be made available in the DigiLocker, said Controller of Examinations, CBSE, in a letter to all affiliated schools.
CBSE student migration certificates on DigiLocker now
The hard copy will be discontinued from 2024 examinations, said the controller.
Migration certificate is an important document which indicates he/she is the bona fide student of a particular board. The document is required when a student is changing board after Class X or XII or when a student seek admission in a higher education system.
Once the CBSE results are announced, the board issues the migration certificate to the students. The CBSE is already providing the pass certificate and mark-sheet through DigiLocker.
The CBSE has also eased the norms for getting duplicate educational documents if these are misplaced, mutilated or stolen. The applicant has to send a valid copy of photo I-card like Aadhaar card, driving licence, voter card, bank passbook, and an application with complete details is to be submitted to the Regional Office, CBSE, said the controller, examinations.
DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under Digital India Corporation (DIC). DigiLocker aims at ‘Digital Empowerment’ of citizen by providing access to authentic digital documents to citizen’s digital document wallet. The issued documents in DigiLocker system are deemed to be at par with original physical documents as per Rule 9A of the Information Technology (Preservation and Retention of Information by Intermediaries providing Digital Locker facilities) Rules, 2016 notified on February 8, 2017 vide G.S.R. 711(E).
Benefits of DigiLocker
Benefits to Citizens
- Important Documents Anytime, Anywhere!
- Authentic Documents, Legally at Par with Originals.
- Digital Document Exchange with the consent of the citizen.
- Faster service Delivery- Government Benefits, Employment, Financial Inclusion, Education, Health.
Benefits to Agencies
- Reduced Administrative Overhead: Aimed at the concept of paperless governance. It reduces the administrative overhead by minimizing the use of paper and curtailing the verification process.
- Digital Transformation: Provides trusted issued documents. Issued Documents available via DigiLocker are fetched in real-time directly from the issuing agency.
- Secure Document Gateway: Acts as a secure document exchange platform like payment gateway between trusted issuer and trusted Requester / Verifier with the consent of the citizen.
- Real Time Verification: Provides a verification module enabling government agencies to verify data directly from issuers after obtaining user consent.