|School Name:||Himalaya Public School, Sector 13, Rohini, Delhi 110085 India|
|Class:||12th Standard (CBSE)|
|Time Duration:||01 Hours|
|Date:||30 / 06 / 2022|
General Instructions: 12th Pre-Mid Term Physics Examination
- There are 12 questions in all. All questions are compulsory. (12th Pre-Mid Term Physics Examination)
- This question paper has four sections: Section A, Section B, section C and Section D.
- Section A contains six questions of one mark each including assertion and reasoning, Section B contains five questions of two marks each, Section C contains three questions of three marks each and section D consist of case study-based question of five marks.
- There is no overall choice
- use of calculator is not allowed
Question 01: Define-polar and non polar dielectrics.
Question 02: When the electric field lines of force are straight and when they are curved?
Question 03: Draw an equipotential surface for a uniform electric field in X -direction.
Question 04: Will there be any effect on potential at a point if the medium around this point is changed?
Directions: These questions consist of two statements, each printed as Assertion and Reason. While answering these questions, you are required to choose any one of the following four responses.
- If both Assertion and Reason are correct and the Reason is a correct explanation of the Assertion.
- If both Assertion and Reason are correct but Reason is not a correct explanation of the Assertion,
- If the Assertion is correct but Reason is incorrect
- If both the Assertion and Reason are incorrect.
Question 05: Assertion: Electron move away from a region of lower potential to a region of higher potential.
Reason: An electron has a negative charge.
Question 06: Assertion: A metallic shield in form of a hollow shell may be built to block an electric field.
Reason: In a hollow spherical shield, the electric field inside it is zero at every point.