NCERT 8th Class (CBSE) Social Science: The National Movement: Second Phase – Quiz
8 Multiple Choice Questions related to NCERT 8th Class (CBSE) Social Science: The National Movement: Second Phase – Quiz:
- Mahatma Gandhi advocate ‘satyagraha’ to fight the british. His early campaigns were at Champaran, Ahmedabad and Kaira (Kheda).
- The Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms introduced ‘dyarchy’ in the provinces.
- The massacre at Jallianwala Bagh was widely condemned. Martial law was declared in Punjab.
- Subhas Chandra Bose led the Azad Hind Fauj. It tried to liberate India from the British.
- India become free on 15 August 1947. The joy of freedom was marred by the pain of partition.