Question: How to conserve water?
Answer: The various ways to conserve water are:
- Creating awareness among people about the need and ways to conserve water.
- Turn off the taps immediately after use. We should get the baking taps repaired immediately.
- Wash the utensils by filling water basin.
- We should take water in limits for washing clothes.
- Use the same water after washing vegetables, fruits etc. for watering plants at your home.
Question: Around 76% of our earth is covered water then should we conserve water?
Answer: We should conserve water because only 1% of the earth’s surface is drinking covered with pure water which is fresh and suitable for drinking for all forms of life.
Question: We drink the same water that dinosaurs drank why?
Answer: Water has been here for million of years. It continues to be recycled through the environment over in a constant cycle known as water cycle. So its possible that the water drunk by us is same as dinosaurs.
Question: What is rain water harvesting?
Answer: Rain water harvesting is a process of collecting rain water and keeping it reserved for future.
Question: Why should we harvest rain water?
Answer: We should harvest rain water because.
- Collecting water will solve the problem of shortage of water.
- If this water runs down it can bad to flood and soil erossion.
- It also increases the underground water table and increases the fertility of soil.
- It helps in conserving the environment and prevent the ground water from being debated.
Question: Write down the advantages and disadvantages of dams.
- It stores water and provides water for irrigation.
- It beads to prevention of flooding because the water does not enter in the rivers in large quantities.
- It is used to generate electricity. The electricity generated by dams is called hydroelectricity.
- They can be constructed on limited sites.
- Effects aquatic life, plants and animals.
- The building of dams require relocating population living in that area.