10th SST Periodic Test III (2018-19) VGS
Time: 3 hours
Subject Code: 087
Subject: Social Studies
- The question paper is divided into four sections – Section A, Section B, Section C and Section D.
- The question paper has 26 questions in all.
- All questions are compulsory.
- Marks are indicated against each question.
- Questions from serial number 1 to 7 are very short answer type questions. Each question carries one mark.
- Questions from serial number 8 to 18 are 3 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
- Questions from serial number 19 to 25 are 5 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
- Question number 26 is a map question of 5 marks with two parts – 26 A from History (2 marks) and 26 B From Geography (3 marks).
- Find attached the question paper for Project work (Written test).
Section A [1×7 = 7]
Question: 1. Name the Treaty of 1832 that recognized Greece as an independent Nation. OR
What was the result of the peace negotiation in Geneva that followed the French defeat in Vietnam?
Question: 2. Why did Charles Dickens write about the terrible effects of industrialization on people’s lives and characters’? Give one reason. OR
Interpret any one fear in the minds of religious authorities and monarchs about the printed texts during 16th century in Europe.
Question: 3. What is the other name of palar pani. 
Question: 4. A part from the Central and State government, which is the other form of government in Belgium? 
Question: 5. What is underemployment? OR
What does the history of developed countries indicate about the shifts that have taken place between sectors?
Question: 6. Who published Human Development Report? 
Question: 7. Why is money accepted as a medium of exchange? 
Section B [3 × 11 = 33]
Question: 8. ‘The decade of 1830 had brought great economic hardship in Europe.’ Justify the statement. OR
Describe the role of religious groups in the development of anti-colonial feelings in Vietnam.
Question: 9. “Print culture created the conditions within which French Revolution occurred.” Support the statement with suitable arguments. OR
“Pariksha Guru is considered landmarks in the history of Hindi novel.” Justify the statement with suitable arguments.
Question: 10. Mention the three iron belts of India. 
Question: 11. Explain three stages of resource planning. 
Question: 12. ‘There is clear cut separation of power between the three tiers of the government.’ Elucidate the statement with respect to the three lists of the government. OR
Explain the major steps taken towards decentralization for making the third-tier of government more powerful.
Question: 13. When do social divisions take place in the society? Explain with an example. 
Question: 14. How is Democracy a better form of government when compared with dictatorship or any other alternative government? 
Question: 15. Write a short note on ‘loan from cooperatives’ in rural areas. 
Question: 16. What are the various ways by which people are exploited in the market place? OR
Mention three important functions of Consumer Forums.
Question: 17. Discuss the steps taken by government to ensure that the benefits of globalization are shared better by all the countries.
Discuss the steps undertaken by government of India to attract foreign investment in India.
Question: 18. Discuss the various ways to reduce the problem of disguised unemployment in rural areas. 
Section C [5×7 = 35]
Question: 19. ‘The Spanish conquest and colonization of America was decisively underway by the mid-sixteenth century.’ Explain with examples. 
Time: 10 m
- Attempt questions based on the project that you have prepared.
- Use separate sheet for writing project based questions.
- Attach the sheet along with your pre-board answer sheet.