Question: Mention any three important aspects of the five years plans?
- The five year plans help the government to tackle problem of poverty, unemployment and price rise.
- The five year plans have led to an important in infrastructure such as, increased power generation, better communication and transport.
- The five year plans have also helped in better distribution of public resources for the purposes of social economic development.
Question: What are the measures adopted by the government to promote small scale industries?
- Tax benefits are offered to setup small scale industries.
- Special tax incentives are given to set up industries in back ward areas to help develop the small scale sector.
- Some products are reserved for exclusive manufacture by the small scale sector.
- Special training facilities are provided to setup small scale industries.
Question: What are the programme undertaken by the government in the filled of education and health for the welfare of the people.
Answer: Education :-
The sarva siksha abhiyan was started in 2001. This programme encourage and promotes universal elementary education for all children in the age group of 6-14 irrespective of their cast and gender.
The national rural health mission was started in 2005 to provide better health care facilities to the rural population through the country. Similarly, the National Urban Health Mission was launched to provide health care for the urban poor living in the slums.