11th Class CBSE NCERT Computer Science: Mid Term Examination Set – A (2019-20)
Time: 3 Hrs.
Class: 11th CBSE (NCERT)
- All the questions are compulsory.
- There are 4 sections in the paper A, B, C & D.
- Write down the question number & sub part number carefully while attempting it.
Section A: 11th CBSE NCERT Computer Science [30 Marks]
Question: 1. Python programming language got its name which show. 
Question: 2. From the following, find out the valid identifier: 
doc14, a2bc5, _punc, ray.dat, _abc_d, break, 1 rak
Question: 3. Answer the following questions:
(a) Predict the output of the following: 
i. x, y = 2, 6
x, y, x = y, x+2
print (x, y)
ii. a, b, c = 0.1
iii. a = int(input(“enter first no”))
b = int(input(“enter second no”))
a, b=b, a print(“a=”, a)
#if user is entering 25 and then 50
(b) Find out the error of the following code fragment: 
(c) Explain input() function using an example. 
(d) Difference between types of errors with example. 
(e) Give rules for declaring variable. 
(f) What will be the output of the following? 
Question: 4. Answer the following questions: 
- What are the advantages of Python Programming Language?
- In how many different ways we can work of Python?
Question: 5. Write Python program for the following: 
- Write a program to calculate the area of a circle, rectangle and triangle.
- Write a program to ask for following as input in different lines. Enter your first name, last name, date of birth, month, day and year.
Section B [15 Marks]
Question: 6. Prove De-Morgan’s law using truth table. (Any 1) 
Question: 7. How many AND gates are required to realize Y=CD + EF + G? 
The NOR gate output will be high if the two inputs are ______
Question: 8. Convert the following: 
- (4A)16 = (________)2
- The representation of octal number (532.2)8 in decimal is ______
- (10111001.1100)2 = () 8
- (1234)8= ()16
Question: 9. Derive the Boolean expression for the logic circuit shown below: 
- Add binary numbers 111.01 and 111.01 11. 
- Draw the logic circuit from the following expression A’B+A’C with truth table 
Question: 11. What is the difference between Volatile Memory and Non-Volatile Memory? 
Question: 12. Represent HELLO in 7 bit ASCII form 
Question: 13. What is utility software in computer system and organization? Explain and give an example of each. 
Question: 14. Write two feature of Operating System. 
Section C [15 Marks]
Question: 15. Answer the following questions: 
- Differentiate between Primary Key and Unique constrain. 
- What is the use of Alter command? 
- Briefly Explain the following terms:  (i) Check (ii) Update (iii) Degree (iv) Foreign Key
- What is NULL value? 
Question: 16. Assume a table Emp with 15 rows and 5 columns, Write its degree and cordiality. 3 rows are deleted and one more column is added. What will be new degree and cordiality? 
Question: 17. What are the different categories of commands available in SQL? 
Question: 18. Write SQL query for i to iv: 
No Of Member
- To create a table “SPORT” with the following structure.
- Suggest suitable primary key for the above table.
- To add a column rank with suitable data type.