10 Social Science Periodic Test I (2018-19)
Subject: Social Science
- The question paper has 15 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
- Marks are indicated against each question.
- Questions from serial number 1 to 6 are very short answer type questions. Each question carries 1 mark.
- Questions from serial number 7 to 11 are 3 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
- Questions from serial number 12 to 15 are 5 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 120 words each.
- Question number 16 is a map question of 1 mark each from History and Geography. After completion, attach the maps inside your answer book.
1. Question: Power dominated the nation building process in Germany?
Why did USA join the Vietnamese war?
2. Question: What does ‘Holding Together Federation’ mean?
3. Question: What is the percentage of French and Dutch speaking people in the capital of Brussels?
4. Question: What does unorganized sector in urban areas comprise?
5. Question: Give one advantage of Public Facilities.
6. Question: What is ‘Contour Ploughing’?
7. Question: How was the formation of the nation-state the result of a long drawn out process in Britain? Explain.
What was the significance of the Ho Chi Minh Trail?
8. Question: What are the salient feature of Federalism in India?
9. Question: Write a short note on Late-rite soil under following heads:
10. Question: How is Tertiary sector different from the other two sectors? Also, use examples to support your answer.
11. Question: Write about the demands and the struggle of the tribal peasants to show why did they join the Non-Cooperation Movement.
12. Question: What is decentralization? Explain any four provisions that have been made towards decentralization in India after the Constitutional Amendment in 1992.
13. Question: Explain the need for government to take up public sector activities in India using suitable examples.
14. Question: “The availability of water resource varies over space and time in India”. Support the statement with suitable examples.
15. Question: Map Work
- Locate and label the following place on the given political map of India: The place where the Congress session was held in December 1920.
- Locate and label the following on the given map of India: A soil type found in Karnataka.