CBSE 10 Information Technology Pre-Board (2018-19)
Time: 2 hours
Subject: Information Technology
- Question paper is divided into two sections: Section A and Section B.
- Section A:
(i). Multiple choice question / Fill in the blanks / Direct Questions of 1 mark each. Answer any 10 questions out of the given 12 questions.
(ii). Very short Answer of 2 marks each. Answer any 5 questions from the given 7 questions.
(iii). Short Answer of 3 marks each. Answer any 5 questions from the given 7 questions.
- Section B: Long / Essay type questions of 5 marks each. Answer any 3 questions from the give 5 questions.
- All questions of a particular section must be attempted in the correct order.
- Please check that this question paper contains 31 questions out of which 23 questions are to be attempted.
Answer any 1o questions out of the given 12 questions: (1 mark each).
Question: 1. Could you get me ______ glass of milk?
Question: 2. I would to cancel ______ Mushroom Pizza I ordered.
Question: 3. Neha gave me a pen set as a return gift on ______ birthday.
Question: 4. Which one of the following is in Present Continuous Tense?
- Everybody will have a great time at the party.
- Everybody is have a great time at the party.
- Everybody have a great time at the party,
- Everybody will be having a great time at the party.
Question: 5. _____ is not the type of wireless internet connectivity.
Question: 6. Which of the following is not a database software?
- MS Access
Question: 7. Autosum is used for ______ the values given in cells automatically without writing the formula the operation.
Question: 8. Conditional Formatting is available under ______ group in the Home tab.
Question: 9. Audio Clips are used for playing _______ while making presentations.
Question: 10. You can categorize appointments in time management software by giving specific ________ to appointments.
- telephone calls
Question: 11. A ______ is an appointment to which you invite people or reserve resources.
Question: 12. A / An ______ Statement is used to add records in a table.
Very Short Questions: (2 marks each)
Answer any 5 question out of the given 7 questions:
Question: 1. Identify the tense in the following sentence and convert them into present perfect tense:
- I worked here for 3 years.
- She will be doing he job well.
Question: 2. Explain any two terms and phrases for giving directions.
Question: 3. Different between header and footer. List and item that may be included each in header and footer.
Question: 4. Ramesh wants to given special effects while slide changes in a presentation. Suggest him an appropriate way to do so. Also, suggest an appropriate way to animate the slide objects in a slide.
Question: 5. Explain RDBMS and Data Servers.
Question: 6. Explain forms and reports with respect to databases.
Question: 7. In how many ways, you can insert a movie in the presentation? Mention them.
Short Questions: (3 marks each)
Answer any 5 questions out of the given 7 questions:
Question: 1. Explain the following terms:
Question: 2. Explain following three terms:
- Font shrink
- Toggle Case
Question: 3. Define the term ‘Network’. Give any two advantages of computer networks.
Question: 4. Explain following with respect to spreadsheets:
- Page Break Preview
- Conditional Formatting
- Bar Chart
Question: 5. Kamakshi is preparing a Digital Presentation. Given her three tips for making an effective presentation.
Question: 6. State three features of Instant massaging Services.
Question: 7. Write answer based on the following table:
a. Suggest a suitable data type for the field Empid and Name in the table Employee.
b. Write a query to display all the records of the table for deptid = 101.
c. Add a new record with the following details:
(‘7’, ‘Chandan Malkhija’, 102, ‘MCA’, ‘M’)
Section B (Long / Essay Type Questions – 5 marks each)
Answer any 3 questions out of the given 5 questions:
Question: 1. Explain the purpose of a blog. Mention any one free blog providing website. Also given any three guidelines for managing strong passwords.
Question: 2. Consider the following spreadsheet and answer the questions that follow:
- Caculate the Total sale for the year 2008 in cell B6.
- Write formula/expression to find difference in sales of Mumbai and Delhi for the year 2009 as sales of New Delhi-sales of Mumbai.
- Write formula/expression to find the average sale of year 2010.
- Write expression to find total sale for the year 2010 and 2011 in Mumbai in cell G3.
- Name the chart that may be used to show the relationship of the changes in the data over a period of time.
- Write an SQL command to create a table ‘BOOK’: 
BOOK ID Char (4)
Bname Varchar (15)
Author Varchar (20)
- Identify the primary key of the Book Table, also mention the suitable reason for choosing it as a Primary Key. 
- Differentiate between: 
(i) char and varchar data type
(ii) DDL and DML
Question: 4. Explain the following terms: