NCERT 9th Class (CBSE) Science: Sound Quiz
23 Multiple Choice Questions related to NCERT 9th Class (CBSE) Science: Sound Quiz
- The way our brain interprets the frequency of an emitted sound is called the pitch.
- The quality or timber of sound helps us to distinguish one sound from another having the same pitch and loudness.
- Hz is the unit of frequency, called as Hertz. One Hertz is equal to one cycle per second.
- The speed of sound is defined as the distance travelled per unit time by compression or rarefaction.
- The sound produced due to a mixture of several frequencies is called a note, it is pleasant to listen to.