9th CBSE Social Science Pre-Mid Examination Question Paper (2019-20)
समय: 3 hours
Subject: Social Science
- All Questions are compulsory.
- The question paper is divided into four sections. Section A, Section B, Section C and Section D.
- The question paper has 35 questions in all.
- Marks are indicated against each question.
- Questions from serial No. 1 to 20 are very short answer type questions. Each question carries 1 mark.
- Questions from serial No. 21 to 28 area 3 marks questions.
- Questions from serial No. 29 to 34 area 5 marks questions.
- Question no. 35 is a map question of 6 marks. After completion, attach the map inside your answer book.
(3 marks from History and 3 marks from Geography).
9th Social Science Pre-Mid Exam: Section A
01. Which proposal of the third Estate was rejected by Estates General? 
02. What is Tithe? 
03. What was the important change during Industrialization? 
04. Mention an important view of the Liberals. 
05. Which latitude divides India into two equal haves? 
06. With which country do states of Uttarakhand have common frontiers? 
07. Which continents of today were part of the Gondwana land? 
08. Why is the northern Most range of Himalaya known as “Himandri”? 
09. When did General Parvez Musharraf become president of Pakistan? 
10. What is the most common form of democracy in our times? 
11. What is the basic sense behind taking a decision in democracy? 
12. From Where the world “Democracy” is derived? 
13. What is the name of Chinese Parliament? 
14. Name the countries where citizens do not enjoy right to vote? 
15. What is the main reason of growing three different types of crops in Palampur? 
16. What was the major outcome of green Revolution in India? 
17. How is land area measured in Villages? 
18. What is the aim of production? 
19. What are the ways to increase production on Agricultural field? 
20. What is Modern Farming Methods? 
9th Social Science Pre-Mid Exam: Section B
21. What were the causes of subsistence crises? 
22. What are the merits of Democratic Government? 
23. What was the major decisions taken by General Parvez Musharaf in 1999? 
24. What do you understand by free and fair Electoral competition? 
25. Why 82°30E has been selected as the standard Meridian of India? 
26. What is the impact of Electricity in Village Palampur? 
27. How is fixed capital different from working capital? 
28. What are the major problems related to Modern Methods of farming? 
29. Describe briefly the circumstances which were responsible for the Russian Revolution. 
30. Who was Lenin? Describe his role in Russian Revolution. 
31. Describe briefly the parallel ranges of Himalaya from North to South? 
32. Distinguish between Western Coastal Plains and Eastern coastal Plains. 
33. “Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts”. Explain. 
34. Explain non-farming activities in Village Palampur. 
35. (A) On an outline map of France, locate the following: 
- A port town / city.
- The State Prison.
- National Anthem of France
(B). On an outline map of India, locate the following: 
- Aravalli Hills
- Satpura range
- Mount Everest