NCERT 8th Class (CBSE) Science: Sound – Quiz
26 Multiple Choice Questions related to NCERT 8th Class (CBSE) Science: Sound – Quiz:
- Sound is produced by rapid to and fro movements, called vibrations.
- The maximum distance to which an oscillating or vibrating object moves from its central position is called amplitude. The loudness of sound depends on the amplitude of vibration.
- The time taken for one complete vibration or oscillation is called its time period.
- The number of oscillations per second is called frequency. It is measured in hertz.
- The pitch of sound depends on the frequency of vibration.