Resources 8th Class – Question: That are the factors that determine the utility of any natural resources?
Answer: The utility of any natural resource is determined by the following factors:
- The form in which it occurs
- The place where it occurs
- The efforts needed to process it
- The cost of processing it
Question: Human beings are important resource. Justify this statement.
Answer: Human beings are important resources as they are capable of making the best use of natural resources using technology, skill and knowledge. Only humans can develop and can convert the available or potential resources into useful products or wealth. Health and education.
Question: Explain sustainable development.
Answer: When we use natural resources properly for today’s need and also conserve them for future generations is known as sustainable development. The use of resources should be sustainable.
Question: How is the resource different with the help of examples explain how the gifts of nature can become resource with the passage of time.
Answer: Nature has a large variety of rocks, soils, minerals, natural vegetation and animals, These are called gifts of nature. Resource refers to all the materials available in our environment which helps us to satisfy our needs. The gifts of nature may become valuable resources with the passage of time technology and value addition. For Eg:- a waterfall is a gift of nature. It has force, which can be used to drive a water wheel. When a technique was developed to harness this force of falling water is used to generate hydroelectricity. Thus, this gift of nature has become a valuable resource.
Question: Why is the conservation of resources essential define?
Answer: Using natural resources carefully without wasting them is called conservation of resources.
- Maintaining Balance: With the scientific and technological progress, human beings started using resources at a much larger scale. The continuous rise in population also caused an increasing demand for resources. This created a situation in which the non-renewable resources could be exhausted after some time. Therefore, a balance between population growth and the utilization of resources is absolutely necessary.
- Limited resources: A lot of awareness about preservation and conservation of resources and the environment has been created. This is due to the fear of a situation which may arise as a result of large-scale destruction of natural resources. Each one of us has to make a sincere effort to save our natural resources for the future of our planet.
- Preserving for future generation: Our future is actually dependent upon our ability to maintain and preserve the life support system which nature has provided. Thus, we must reduce the damage preserving for future generation.