Question: What are dairy Products?
Answer: Product made from milk are known as dairy Products. Like: cheese, paneer etc.
Question: Why do we need food?
Answer: We need food to get energy to do our work and repair our work out tissues and fo grow.
Question: Why are green plants called producers?
Answer: Green plants are known as producers because they prepare their own food. They use light, air (Carbon dioxide), Water and chlorophyll (Present in their leaves) to prepare their food by the process of photosynthesis.
Question: Name the group of animals based on the type of food they eat.
Answer: Groups of animals are:
- Herbivores eg: Horse, Cow etc.
- Carnivores eg: Lion, Tiger etc.
- Omnivores eg: Crow, Bear etc.
- Scavengers and Decompose eg: Fungi, Bacteria etc.
Question: What are omnivores? Give two examples.
Answer: Omnivorous animals are those that eat both plants and flesh of other animals. For eg – Bear, Crow etc.
Question: Describe two special characteristics of Carnivores and Herbivores.
Answer: The characteristics are:
- Herbivore like cows, horse and goat have wide, blunt teeth. These teeth help animals to pull the plants and grinding them.
- Squirrels have a pair of broad, sharp edged front teeth (Incisors) in each jaw. They use teeth to gnaw food items like huts.
- Carnivores like chameleon a frog have long and sticky tongue to catch insects.
- Carnivorous birds like eagle have curved pointed beaks that allow them to tears flesh.
Question: What are decomposers and scavengers? How are they useful?
Answer: Scavenger is an animal that eats only the flesh o animals that are already dead. Decomposer is an microorganisms that feeds on and decompose dead animals and plants. They are useful to us because they eat the flesh and the rest changes to manure, without these, our plant would be covered with dead plants and animals.