Question: Difference between the two major two types of carbohydrates in food.
- Sugar is a simple carbohydrates.
- It is absorbed quickly.
- It is sweet.
- It does not change colour with the Iodine test.
- Starch is a complex carbohydrates.
- It is absorbed slowly.
- It is not sweet.
- It changes colour with the Iodine test.
Question: Ben (a football player) may need more carbohydrates in his diet than Sara (a computer programmer) Why?
Answer: Ben may need more carbohydrates in his diet than Sara because he needs more energy than Sara as he does more physical work.
Question: Diffrentiate between saturated and unsaturated.
- It is not good for health if eaten too much.
- It is solid at room temperature.
- Butter, ghee etc.
- It is liquid at room temperature.
- It is healthies than Saturated fat.
- Sunflower oil, Oliveoil etc.
Question: Why does our body need proteins?
Answer: We need proteins to:
- Repair body tissues and cells
- Form new cells
- For proper growth
Question: White the full form of the following-
- PEM: Protein Energy Malnutrition.
- ICDS: Integrated Child development Scheme.
- ORS: Oral rehydration solution.
Question: Why do you need minerals in our diet?
Answer: We need minerals in our diet because they keep us healthy and does important function like formation of bone, teeth and blood cells and helps in maintaining for a normal health beat.