Question: Name any three causes of fire.
Answer: The three causes of fire are:
- Carelessness while handling burning match sticks, candles etc.
- Electric faults
- Gas leakage
Question: Why should we not operate any electrical switches when there is a gas leak?
Answer: We should not operate any electrical switches when there is a gas leak because the electrical switches generate sparks while being switched on and off.
Question: What should be done in case a person’s clothing catches fire?
Answer: In case a person’s clothing catches fire he or she should be rolled on the floor to control the flames quickly. Water can also be used to control the flames. A fire blanket may also be used but water is better.
Question: What is a fracture? what should be done in case of fracture?
Answer: A break or crack in a bone is called fracture. The fractured part should not be moved and the victim should be taken to the hospital immediately. For example: If the fracture is in the hand, a cloth sling should be used to prevent movement.
Question: How can fire hazards be prevented?
Answer: The ways to prevent fire hazards are:
- We should be very careful while handling fire.
- Electrical appliances and wiring should be check regularly for faults or breaks in the plastic coverings of the wires.
- Synthetic clothes like nylon should not be worn while burning, handling fire or while cooking as synthetic clothes can catch fire easily.
- In case of a gas leak, all the doors and windows should be opened. No one should strike a match or operate any electrical switches in such a case because electrical switches generate sparks while being switched on and off. faulty gas pipes should also be replaced.