Question: Which are the two well known Gardens in Kashmir? Describe them.
Answer: The two well known gardens in Kashmir in Srinagar are:
- It was built by Jahagir for Nur Jahan in 1619 CE
- It has 4 terraces
- The fourth and the best terrace was reserved by Royal ladies
- It was built by Asaf Khan for Nur Jahan in 1633-34CE
- It has 12 terraces
- The terraces signify the 12 signs of Zodiac
Question: What do you know about the Taj Mahal?
Answer: Taj Mahal:
- Taj Mahal is in Agra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the world.
- It was built by Shah Jahan in the memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- It is made of white marble and is most popular with tourists.
- It was constructed over a period of 22 years and completed in 1648 CE
- It is considered as the finest piece of Mughal architecture combining Persian, Turkish and Indian architecture style.
Question: What is significant about the Sun Temple?
Answer: Significance Of the Sun Temple :
- The Sun Temple is at Konark in Odisha.
- The Temple is built in the form of chariot of the Sun God.
- It is heavily decorated with stone carvings.
- The entire complex was designed in the form of huge chariot drawn by seven spirited horses on 12 pairs of exquisitely decorated wheels.
- All around the temple, there are various floral and geometric patterns.
Question: Write a short note on Sanchi Stupa?
Answer: Sanchi Stupa:
- Sanchi Stupa was made of bricks by Emperor Ashoka.
- The Stupa at Sanchi has gateways called Toranas which have carving of the Buddha in different stages of his life and his teachings.
- Lotus representing his birth.
- The banyan tree showing his enlightenment.
- The wheel showing his teachings.
- The footprint or throne, highlighting his presence.
Question: Explain the two types of paintings in India that are a part of our heritage?
Answer: The two types of paintings in India that are a part of our heritage are: