Physical Education & Sports For CWSN: 11th Class – Chapter 4
Adaptive Physical Education:
- It includes the adaptive programme of game and other creative activities.
- It is run according to the capacity, need and ability of disabled or physically challenged students of all ages.
- School-based activities especially for students of the 3 to 21 years age group.
Aims & Objectives:
- Always keep in mind the disability of the child.
- To develop motor skills and learn the benefits of regular activity.
- To develop the healthy level of environment for learning the movements of sports.
- To learn new games and their rules and to demonstrate it correctly to the students.
1. Special Olympic Bharat:
- It is a movement that uses spots to change the lives of children with intellectual disabilities or mentally retarded persons.
- It was founded in 1987 as Special Olympic India.
- It was renamed as Special Olympic Bharat in 2001.
- It is an officially recognized programme of Special Olympic International which was started by Eunice Kennedy Shriver, sister of John F Kennedy, former president of USA.
- To Provide sports training & competition throughout the year for disabled child.
- Give the opportunity to develop their physical fitness.
- To transform the communities by inspiring people from the world to open their minds, accept and include people with intellectual disabilities.
- Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me brave in the attempt.
- It is the competition held in parallel with Olympic games involving athletes with different disabilities including impaired muscle power (e.g. Paraplegia & quadriplegia, Post – polio syndrome etc.) amputation, leg length difference, hypertonia, vision impairment and ataxia etc.
- To enable Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to inspire and excite the world.
- ‘Spirit in motion’ in the motto for Paralympic movement.
- The deaflympics were originally known as international silent games which were finally named as deaflympics in 2001. It was held in every four years. Deaflympics and other world deaf championships are organised by international committee of sports for the deaf (ICSD) which was founded in 1924. Only deaf/hard of hearing elight athlete invited from the entire world to come together not only to compete but also developed the qualities. A small gathering 148 athletes who participated in 1924 France games.
- It is Per Ludos Aequalitias which means equality through sports.
- A sports is eligible who is having a hearing loss of db or greater.
Role Of Professionals For Differently Abled
- Counselor is the trained person who improved our student’s abilities to function in social, emotional and behavioral capacity and they provide sport their partner and their families which is beneficial for disabled child from time to time.
- The role of counselor is to help all students including those with special needs. To achieve their full potential cope better with the disabilities and provide a save / sportive help.
2. Occupational Therapist:
- It is the treatment of physical and psychiatric condition to promote independent function in all aspects of daily life.
- The role of therapist to address a child’s ability to perform activities of daily living like – making, eating, drinking, dressing, toiletering, bathing etc inspite of their disabilities. They encourage the child’s potential to participate inn different activities so that the impact of disabilities is minimize day by day and they also work on hand eye coordination to improve skill like hitting a ball and copping from a black board.
- They are also known as ‘Movement specialist’ because they evaluate and improve the movement and function of body specially for balance, posture, fatigue and pain.
- The important role of Physiotherapist is to maximize a child’ ability to move and control pain in the joint, muscles and bones, Use several techniques including massage and manipulation, exercise, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy for child’s with special needs.
4. Physical Education Teacher:
- Physical Education Teachers generally determine the abilities of students with special needs that may need implementing to support their participation in sports and fitness. The children need the support and encouragement from physical education teachers to participate regulator in physical activities.
5. Speech Therapist:
- They play an important role in the treatment for speech and language disorders. A speech disorder involves a problem producing worlds and sounds that makes the child difficult to empress. Speech therapist might use, play or book to arouse communication and increase chances to develop language skills.
Special Educator deals with children with intellectual disabilities. The children way problems in oral impression, listening comprehension, written impression, basic react skills, reading comprehension, Mathematical Calculation.
The special educator plays an important role which is explained below.
- Provides oral instruction for students with reading disabilities.
- Regular evaluation of children with special needs and let them. Know well them progressing towards air individual of class goal.
- To make activities brief and short as long activities are particularly prostrating learning children with special needs.
- To ensure a safe environment for students.
Physical Education & Sports For CWSN: Questions Carrying 03 Marks
- Write about the objectives of adaptive Physical Education.
- Name three Indian Organization promoting adaptive sport with the year in which they came into existence.
- Explain the vision and mission of Special Bharat Olympics.
- Write any three activities performed by Special Bharat Olympics.
- What is the motto of Deaflympies?
- Explain the concept of inclusion.
- What is the need of inclusive education?
- Explain the role of Occupational Therapists for children with special needs.
- Explain the role of Physiotherapist for children with special needs.
Physical Education & Sports For CWSN: Questions Carrying 05 Marks
- Explain the aim and objectives of adaptive Physical Education.
- Elaborate Special Olympics Bharat.
- Describe Paralympics.
- Write in detail about Deaflympics.
- Write about the concept of inclusive education.
- Elaborate the need and importance of inclusive education.
- Explain the role of various professional for children with special needs.